Furnishing adequate Italy Visa Documents/Requirements is the major precondition to successfully complete the Italy Visa Appointment process. The documents required for soliciting Visa To Italy vary according to the type of visa sought by the applicant. While submitting your Italian Schengen Visa documents, one needs to pay due attention to furnishing right documents with the Italy Visa Application for assured approval.
Here is a list of the general documents required to be furnished by the Italy Visa UK applicant –
Italian Visa Application Form duly completed
- Applicants are required to completely fill the Visa application form, take out its print & duly sign it at required places.
- Application form for minors has to be signed by both the parents at all the required places.
- Ensure that the information provided in this form complies with the information given in the rest of the Visa documents.
A valid passport with UK’s residency permit
- The applicant needs to furnish his / her UK’s residency permit along with his valid passport which should not be more than 10 years old with a minimum of two blank unmarked pages.
- In addition, the passport should be valid for a minimum duration of three months beyond the intended stay in Italy.
Passport format photograph
- Two recent passport format photographs should be furnished by the applicant. It should not be more than 3 months old.
- The photograph should reveal the full facial features of the applicant with adequate brightness and colour contrast (the background should be light coloured).
- In addition, the applicant shouldn’t be wearing any head coverings in the photograph.
Cover letter (on company letterhead if the applicant is a proprietor)
A cover letter must be furnished stating:
- The purpose of visit to Italy
- Name of applicant and other members traveling
- Travel dates, itinerary and duration of stay.
- Who is going to bear the expenses
- In case of an invitation from a resident in Italy, the invitation should be furnished with the cover letter.
Travel Health Insurance
Travel & medical insurance for the intended duration of stay in Italy is a must when applying for the visa. A minimum cover of EUR 30,000 is required by the Italian consulate from any of the approved insurance agencies.
Proof of Travel
- A document revealing round-trip flight itinerary information including flight numbers, dates, and the applicant details should be furnished.
- In case you are travelling by car, the applicant needs to furnish the driving license and vehicle registration documents with the complete travel itinerary.
- If the applicant is not driving the car to the Schengen Area, then a signed and dated cover letter by the driver should be provided, in order to confirm the joint travel with the applicant along with the travel dates.
Proof of Accommodation
- The proof of advance hotel booking or rental agreement for the intended stay in Italy should be revealed in a document. This includes intended stay duration, with the name and contact details of the hotel where the applicant would be staying.
- Booking and paying for these rooms without a confirmed visa is a scary thought. Hence it is better to work with a travel agent who can book a room for you on the basis of a small token payment for documentation purposes.
Means of Subsistence
The applicant should furnish proof of income to ensure that he/she has enough funds to support themselves for the intended stay in Italy. The proof should include:
- The applicant’s UK’s bank account statement which should not be more than 3 months old
- The credit card statement,
- Salary slips (in case employed) for last 3 months.
- In the case of Proprietorship: Original Company bank statement for the last two months.
- A traveller’s cheque.
Tick the documents submitted and add this checklist to your application file
In addition to the above specified general requirements, the applicant should also provide some additional documents as per his / her employment status.
- Employment Contract/ Appointment letter
- Employer’s permission for the leave.
- Latest six months current bank account statement.
- Income tax return form
- Company registration certificate
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- The proof of enrolment
- No objection certificate from the school/university duly signed stating the name and position of the signee.
- Retired Employees: Last 6 months pension statement.
- Retired Businessman/ Proprietor: Proof of income generated by ownership of property or business for the last six months.
Spouse of UK National
- Marriage certificate which should be in English or Italian translation and the translation should be certified as a true copy either by the Legalization Bureau of Foreign office of UK or by the embassy of the country where the marriage took place.
- The valid passport of the spouse.
- A cover letter duly signed from the spouse’s employer.
- Spouse’s Proof of Funds.
In case if Minor is travelling with parent or parents, additional Italian Visa Requirements include:
- Italy application form signed by both the parents.
- Birth certificate of the minor traveling to Italy.
- Family court order (In cases where only one parent has full custody over the child)
- Certified copies of ID / passport of both parents.
If the minor is travelling with a third party: In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the additional documents required include:
- A notarized and legalized parental authorization to travel to Italy, signed by both parents/guardians
- Passport of the accompanying person containing his/ her data, and expiry date, a recent photograph and valid visa copy.
PLEASE NOTE: - The Consulate General of Italy reserves the right to request for additional documents or personal interview.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding documents required
Feel free to reach out to us anytime for assistance.