Festival dei Due Mondi di Spoleto 2021–A Cultural Extravaganza
The renowned Festival dei Due Mondi di Spoleto 2021 is a cultural extravaganza that draws thousands of tourists & locals every year. This amazing event features a slew of events like Ballets, Opera, Recitals, Plays, Film Festivals, Workshops, Conferences, Special events like Contemporary art, Talks & more.
Want to know all about this exciting festival? Read on to find out!
History of the Festival dei Due Mondi di Spoleto 2021
The Spanish word “Festival dei Due Mondi” literally means Festival of the Two worlds.This spell-binding event was founded by the renowned composer Gian Carlo Menotti in the year 1958.The real intention behind naming this festival was to invite European & American cultures to meet each other & have a gala time.
Line up of Events in Spoleto festival 2021 Italy
The Spoleto Festival dei Mondi 2021 in Italy boasts a wide range of programmes held across various venues. These programmes are categorized as follows:
- Concerts Budapest Festival Orchestra
- Budapest Festival Orchestra – Opening concert
- Concerts Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia
- Mourad Merzouki Folia
- Dancing at Dusk
- Jonas & Lander Coin Operated
- Leonardo Lidi La signorina Giulia
- Lucia Calamaro Darwin inconsolabile
- La Leggendadell’Olandese Volante
- Romeo Castellucci Jeanne d’Arc au bûcher
- Lucia Ronchetti Inferno
- Pina Bausch and her Revolution
- Frammenti di un percorsoteatrale
- Accademia Nazionale d’ArteDrammatica Silvio d’Amico
- Fondazione Carla Fendi Art & Science
- Talk with Iván Fischer
- Fondazione Carispo Award
- García Lorca and Italy
Dates, Venue & Tickets for the Spoleto Festival 2021
The iconic Festival dei Due Mondi di Spoleto 2021 will be held from 25th June to 11th July 2021.
You can avail the tickets online according the events that you wish to attend. There are certain discounts according to age groups and they are as follows:
- For people under 30 – 50% discount
- For people over 65 – 20% discount
- For Residents of Spoleto – 30% discount
The Spoleto Festival 2021 will be held across various venues like Palazzo Mauri, San Simone, Palazzo Collicola, Spoleto e dintorni and many other iconic venues. You can the find the complete list of venues on the official website of the festival.
How to Reach the Spoleto festival 2021 Italy?
You can easily reach Spoleto from Roma (3.30 hrs), Milan (6-7 hrs), Firenze (3.30 hrs), Napoli (3 hrs), Venezia (7 hrs), Torino (9 hrs)& other popular tourist destination of Italy.
Reach the International Airport Umbria-Perugia “San Francesco d’Assisi” or the International Airport Roma- Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” and take a car, train or taxi to reach Spoleto.
- From South –If you are travelling from Rome then the distance is approximately is 150 km.
- From North –If you are planning to visit Spoleto from Milan then the distance is about 510 km.
Now, all you need to do is Italy Visa & embark on a memorable journey to Italy with your friends of family members to experience different cultures in all their glory!