How to apply for Italy Visa from UK?
How to apply for Italy Visa from UK?
Italy has been one of the most popular travel destinations for avid travelers. There are endless reasons to visit Italy– Culture diversity, beauty, art and architecture, food, country’s history, natural landscapers, and many more.
This blog post includes information about visa application to Italy Visa Requirements, how to apply for Italy Visa, book Italy Visa Appointment.
Do I need a visa to travel to Italy from the U.K.?
- UK citizens who hold either a full UK passport or a BOTC, BOC, BPP or BS passport do not need a visa to travel to Italy from the UK. If you plan to stay for less than 90 days, you can travel visa-free as Italy is part of the Schengen Zone.
- The citizens of a Non-EU country need to apply for Italy Visa from UK.
- The citizens of a country without a visa-free travel arrangement with the Schengen Zone residing in UK, need to obtain an Italy Visa to travel to Italy from Uk.
- The major requirement to apply for Italy Visa is that you must have a UK residence permit valid for at least next three more months beyond the date you plan to leave Italy / the Schengen Area.
Where to apply for Italy Visa from UK?
- The firm VFS Global Italy UK manages visa applications on behalf of Italy in the UK. You can fill the visa application form online available on our site or may fill it on the VFS website.
- If you fill the visa application form from our site, we will book your Italy Visa Appointment at VFS Italy UK Your Italy Visa Appointment will depend on where you are based.
- The applicants living in Scotland can book the Italy Visa appointment at the center in Edinburgh.
- There are two centers that serve England and Wales, applicants residing in London and the south can book Italy Visa appointments in London, and those in the north can book their appointment at VFS’ Manchester
- You can also apply for Italy visa in the Consulate General Of Italy in Edinburgh.
If You want to get rid of the tedious Visa Application formalities, you may fill the Visa Application form online available on our site, we’ll book an Italy Visa Appointment for you and will simplify the Italy Visa Application process.
Documents required to Apply for Italy Visa & get Italy Visa Appointment
- A Valid Passport
- Passport issued within the last 10 years
- Passport has complete two full blank pages- one for the visa stamp and an additional spare page
- The passport should be valid for at least three (3) months after the date you leave the Schengen zone.
- A valid UK Residency Permit
A valid UK residency permit endorsed in the actual passport or or on a new bio-metric ID card other form of Identity Card.
- One application form
Visa Application form filled completely and duly signed by the applicant. You may fill the Italy Visa
- One passport format photo
The photograph should have a light background, rightly colored, and clearly displays full facial features. Also, the photograph should be less than three months old and be properly glued to the application form. The stapled photographs on the application form will be rejected.
- Travel Medical Insurance
Travel medical insurance of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Italy and the complete Schengen area.
- Cover letter
The cover letter should include the complete itinerary and the purpose of your visit to Italy.
- Travel arrangements proof
- Full travel itinerary
- Travel tickets.
- If travelling by car:
- Copy of your driver’s license
- Car insurance
- car rental documentation or Car registration
- Ferry tickets, If applicable.
- Proof of civil status
Marriage certificate, children’s birth certificate, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable.
Accommodation Proof for your entire stay in Italy:
- Hotel reservations evidence in Italy or rental agreement consisting of the applicant’s name.
- Signed invitation letter from your Italian host and a copy of the host’s passport or Identity card , Host’s Residence Permit
Proof of financial subsistence
- Recent UK bank account for the last three months displaying funds of at least 50.00 £ for each day spent in Italy and/or other Schengen states.
- Cost of itinerary (tickets and reservations)
- Bio-metric Documents
- From November 20, 2015, applicants applying for a short-term visa to Italy are subject to provide biometric data (fingerprints ) as additional documents.
- Children younger than 12 years of age are exempted from this procedure.
- The applicants who are not physically capable of providing fingerprints are exempted from this procedure.
For UK employees:
- Contract of employment
- Latest 6 months bank statement of the current bank account
- Leave permission letter from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- Copy of business license
- Bank statement of the company for the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
For foreign students studying in the UK:
- Enrollment proof at UK education institution,
- NOC from school or university in the UK
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Refusal letters of former Schengen visas, or
- Cover letter explaining the reasons of refusal
If unemployed and married to an EU/EEA (Europe/ European Economic Area) citizen:
- A recent (less than 3 months old) Confirmation of Employment letter from their spouse’s employer stating the starting date and position held within the company,
- Valid passport of Spouse
- Marriage certificate translated in English or Italian language along with a true copy by the Embassy of the country where the marriage took place or by the Legalization Bureau of the Foreign Office in UK.
How to apply for Italy Visa from UK?
In order to apply for Italy Visa in UK, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, determine which Italian short-stay visa type you require. There are various Italian Schengen visa types depending on your purpose of traveling from the UK to Italy..
- Determine where you need to apply for Italy visa in UK.
- Decide when to apply for an Italy visa in UK. The earliest time you can fill and submit the Italy visa application in the UK is 3 months before your planned trip date while the latest time is at least 15 working days before you plan to travel from the UK to Italy.
- Accumulate the necessary Italy visa documents for UK Residents.
- Book an interview at Italian visa application center in UK. You may make an Italy visa appointment online, through phone, or on person.
- Attend the interview in person on the day of your Italy Visa appointment The interview is a important part of your visa application.
- Pay the Italy visa fee.
- Wait for the processing of your Italy visa.
Book Italy visa appointment in UK
To apply for an visa to Italy in the UK, you must book a visa appointment with the Italian Consulate General in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. Or you may contact us, we’ll simplify the process for you.
This can be done in three ways:
- You can apply in person only by taking a prior appointment directly with the Consulate General of Italy in London.
- Through the VFS Centres in London, Manchester and Cardiff (for tourism and business visas only).
The Consulate will notify you 10 days prior to your scheduled appointment via email to confirm your appointment. You are subjected to reply within 7 days or else the appointment will be canceled 3 days before the scheduled day.
You can contact us, we’ll nook Italy Visa Appointment Date for you, also guide you with the documentation work.
Enjoy the top amazing sites in Italy! Contact us to increase your chances of Visa Approval with our expertise!